Design on Chislehurst
Take a walk around and discover the variety of architectural styles and structural materials that make up our local environment.
Here are just a few ideas to the lay the foundations for this year’s competition:
• Find examples of houses by famous architects, EJ May, Ernest Newton, or Amos Faulkner.
• How about some more modern architecture? Is your home or school
of architectural interest? Put a mood board together of your favourite Chislehurst building.
• Take us on a photographic architecture tour.
• Reimagine your favourite Chislehurst place. Design improvements to a local building.
• Make fact sheets or a jigsaw puzzle.
• Undertake a survey of listed buildings, and present your findings in a mathematical way.
Your project must be about a Chislehurst building or feature.
Send your drawings, painting, prints, diagrams, models and photographs to us with an entry form. Poetry, drama and song are all admissible as well as scientific studies.
All entries must be accompanied by a completed application form. Download the application form to print at home here.
The Chislehurst Society is encouraging entries to the Environmental Awards in all media forms.
If your entry is in a digital format, these can be submitted via WeTransfer – a free and secure file transfer service for files up to 2gb in size. These files can be uploaded and sent at this link: https://wetransfer.com/
The transfer should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org where they will be stored securely and made available for viewing by the Awards Judges.
Please ensure parental/guardian consent is held for all individuals featured in any photographic/video entry.