The Chislehurst Society CIO
2021 Annual General Meeting
April 20th 2022
- WELCOME. The Chairman opened the meeting, at 7.30pm, welcoming all members present.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Apologies were noted from Jeremy Dwight, Robert Goldsmith and Pat Waters
- MINUTES OF 2020 AGM. These were approved by the meeting.
- ANNUAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS FOR 2021 were presented to members. These were approved unanimously by the meeting.
5. APPOINTMENT OF INDEPENDENT EXAMINER. Derek Dobson was unanimously confirmed as the Society’s independent examiner for the coming year.
6. ELECTION OF OFFICERS. The meeting voted unanimously that the following should be officers of the Society:
- Chairman, Joanna Friel
- Vice-Chair, Jennifer Dearing
- Secretary, David Ely
- Treasurer, Colin Martin
7. ELECTION OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
- The Chairman expressed thanks for the work undertaken by Prof. Barry Redding who was retiring from the Committee.
- The meeting voted unanimously to confirm that Viktoria Cifra- Walwyn be elected to serve as a trustee.
- The meeting voted unanimously to re- elect those trustees retiring by rotation, Peter Miller and Gabriella Toth
8. OPEN DISCUSSION. The Chairman give a presentation on the Society’s position following the emergence from the pandemic, which was one of achievement against the odds. Several points and questions were raised by members.
9. The meeting CLOSED at 9.00 pm