The Chislehurst Society CIO
Annual General Meeting July 29th 2020
- WELCOME. The Chairman opened the meeting, at 2.00pm, welcoming those present. The Chairman confirmed the AGM is taking place in line with the Charity Commission’s Covid-19 guidelines and replaces the previously postponed AGM from 21st April 2020 (postponed due to COVID). All members had been informed.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. Christine Pearson and Richard Green
- MINUTES OF 2019 AGM. These were approved by the meeting.
- ANNUAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS FOR 2019 were presented and unanimously approved by the meeting.
- APPOINTMENT OF INDEPENDENT EXAMINER. Derek Dobson & Co was unanimously confirmed as the Society’s independent examiner for the coming year.
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND TRUSTEES.
- (a) The meeting voted unanimously to confirm that the following trustees retiring by rotation be re-elected, Peter Miller, Joanna Friel and David Ely.
- (b) The meeting voted unanimously to confirm that Gabriella Toth should serve as a Trustee.
- (c) The meeting voted unanimously that the following should be officers of the Society:
- Chairman, Joanna Friel
- Vice-chair, Jennifer Dearing
- Secretary, David Ely
- Treasurer, Colin Martin
- OPEN DISCUSSION. One question was raised regarding litter picking and the board agreed to continue its efforts to discourage litter and encourage community litter picking under a ‘five a day’ theme. Anne Lamb is investigating the provision of more dog mess collection bins with LBB
- The meeting CLOSED at 2:30 pm