The Chislehurst Society Community Spirit Awards
The Society has agreed to establish an award to young people, individuals or groups, who have made a positive contribution to the Chislehurst community by actions which have a positive impact on our environment.
We will be looking for nominations of young people who have gone beyond what is expected of them, taking into account their personal circumstances, for example:
- Young people who have undertaken a voluntary, extracurricular role for a considerable length of time, such as litter picking or caring for a memorial
- Young people who have campaigned for changes to our environment, historic buildings or transport services
- An individual or group who has set up a group, network or service which positively impacts on Chislehurst and its residents
- Someone who has taken a role and developed it into something more, perhaps showing leadership and/or initiative
The following guidelines will apply:
- There will be a maximum of four per awards per year to individuals or groups.
- Cash prizes will be presented to each award winner.
- The nominees will be aged between 11 and 19.
- Young people must be nominated by a member of staff at their school or college or by a recognised community leader or employer.
- A formal nomination form should be completed for each nominee outlining the activity undertaken and the reasons for the nomination.
- Nominations must be received by the deadline date.
- A judging panel, including a Chislehurst Society Executive Committee member, a local resident and a community leader, will determine the award winners, and their cash prizes, and their decision will be final.
- Award winners and their parents/carers will be required to sign a consent form agreeing to their name and image being part of any ensuing publicity.
- Awards will be given as part of the Society's annual Environmental Awards.
A copy of the nomination form is available here...